When Can You Request A DBS Reprint Of A Certificate?
You may request a DBS reprint of a certificate if all the following conditions are met:
- If your DBS certificate was issued over 14 days ago, but you have not received it yet. You have to wait the full 14 days after the certificate has been dispatched before the DBS will consider the request.
- Your reprint request is made within three months of the date of issue of your certificate.
- The address you provide for the reprint matches the address on your original DBS application. If you have moved since your application was submitted, you must set up mail redirection before requesting a reprint, as the reprint must be sent to the current address as is on the certificate. Unfortunately, the DBS does not allow the certificate to be sent to any other address.
When Can’t You Get A DBS Reprint Of A Certificate?
There are specific scenarios in which the DBS will refuse a reprint request:
- If the certificate was lost or destroyed accidentally after you received it.
- In such cases, you will need to pay for another DBS check.
- If a reprint of the certificate has already been dispatched, but you have not received it.
- The DBS will only allow one reprint. After this, a new DBS application will have to be done.
Can I get a DBS reprint of my certificate after 3 months?
If it has been more than three months since the date of issue of your certificate, you cannot request a DBS reprint of your certificate, regardless of the circumstances.
What If I Lost My DBS Certificate?
If you have lost your DBS Certificate, the only option is to apply for a new DBS check. We discuss this further in our article, What To Do If You Have Lost Your DBS Certificate.
Below is our handy infographic showing the path of a lost DBS certificate and the options available.
How to request a DBS reprint of your certificate.
To request a certificate reprint, you can call the Disclosure and Barring Service directly on 0300 020 0190, or fill out a form which can be found on the Government Website
If your DBS check was done through us here at Aaron’s Department, and your request meets the criteria mentioned above, Company Admins can request a reprint through the Dashboard.
Conclusion: DBS Reprint of Certificate.
To request a DBS reprint of your certificate, certain conditions must be met. If your certificate was issued over 14 days ago, but you have not received it yet, you can request a reprint. Additionally, your reprint request must be made within three months of the date-of-issue of the original certificate. It is crucial to ensure that the address you provide for the reprint matches the address on your original DBS application.
However, there are circumstances under which a DBS reprint request cannot be processed. If the certificate was lost or accidentally destroyed after being received, a new application with the appropriate fee must be submitted to obtain a new certificate. Furthermore, only one reprint request can be submitted per application.
It’s important to note that after three months from the date of issue of the certificate, a DBS reprint request cannot be granted, regardless of the circumstances. In such cases, individuals must opt for a new DBS check if they require their certificate.
How Aaron’s Department Can Help You
For all of your DBS requirements, Aaron’s Department is here to help. We have a dedicated section for Employers that you can access here. Employer Section or our Customer Service team are available to help with any queries you may have. You can contact us on 0113 877 0171, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or start your DBS Checks below today.