What is an Umbrella Body?
What is an Umbrella body in relation to a DBS Check? A DBS Umbrella Body – also known as a Registered Body – is an organisation officially associated with the DBS, acting as a go-between between the DBS and organisations that require DBS checks for their staff or volunteers.
An Umbrella Body will usually conduct the initial application on behalf of the organisation, and then submit the application to the DBS for processing.
What Is an Umbrella Body And What Information Do They Hold?
Umbrella bodies often provide DBS countersignatory services, which means their staff can see any details the applicant has included in their DBS application.
The Umbrella Body can also see whether completed checks are returned blank or not, but no further detail is available to them. This knowledge is often shared with the employer in advance of seeing their employee’s certificate, but nothing more – the DBS certificate is sent directly to the applicant, who is then free to choose whether they still want to share their certificate with their employer.
What Is An Umbrella Body? Is Aaron’s Department One?
Yes! Aaron’s Department is an Umbrella Body that assists businesses in getting DBS checks for their staff.
Some of the perks of using Aaron’s Department are:
- Low admin fees, starting from as little as £3.11 for a Basic check.
- An error-proof system that identifies mistakes as you go, ensuring your application is not returned by the DBS.
- 3-step, free-of-charge registration – sign up and start getting your Enhanced DBS results in just a few hours.
- Professional and knowledgable customer support services ready to answer all your DBS check queries.
- Eligibility guidance, both on our website and through our customer support.
- A built-in DBS tracking system.
If these are benefits you’d like to take advantage of, you can get started with the buttons below, or if you have any more questions, ask away at firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 113 877 0171. We’re always happy to help.
If you have found our article, What Is An Umbrella Body? Useful, you can read more of our informative articles below.
About The Author
John has processed more applications than days he has been alive, and has become the DBS expert. Got a question? He knows the answer!