A DBS check for taxi drivers is necessary to work in the role. The level needed is an Enhanced DBS Check, and this must be applied for by an employer or organisation on the individual’s behalf.
If you, or your taxi firm, has a contract with (for example) a care home working with vulnerable adults, or with a school to transport children, then the employees responsible will also require a barred list check for the respective group.
In this article, we’ll go over the ins and outs of getting a DBS check for taxi drivers.
What Does an Enhanced DBS Check For Taxi Drivers Show?
Enhanced DBS checks show a history of all spent and unspent convictions, final warnings and reprimands.
Any information that the local police consider relevant to the job role is also disclosed.
If the person receiving the DBS check has any of these, they will show up on the certificate.
An Enhanced DBS Check with Children’s and Adult’s Barred List, will also include the result of a check against the children’s and adults’ barred lists to see if they are banned from working with these groups.
The employer will then decide whether they want to hire the candidate or not, based on the returned DBS check information.
Why Is There A Need For A DBS Check For Taxi Drivers?
Taxi drivers are in a position of trust, as they can transport members of the public on a daily basis. As a result, it’s essential that they be vetted thoroughly to ensure the safety of their passengers. A DBS check is one way of doing this, as it can reveal any criminal convictions or other relevant information that might make someone unsuitable for the role of a taxi driver working with the public or transporting vulnerable passengers.
Get a DBS Check For Taxi Drivers at Aaron’s Department
Getting a DBS check for taxi drivers is an important step towards ensuring the safety of passengers and building trust with customers. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can make the application process as smooth as possible and ensure that you have all the necessary documentation to support your application.
The benefits of getting your DBS check for taxi drivers with Aaron’s Department:
- Our error-proof system identifies mistakes in real-time, giving users the chance to fix them – incorrect details can lead to the DBS rejecting applications, so we’ve designed a system to avoid that happening!
- Low-cost DBS check admin fees, starting from £3.11.
- Built-in tracking system for easy monitoring of applications’ progress.
- Our 3-step, registration process is fast and free – you could have your DBS results within hours of signing up.
- Free DBS fast-track: every check we receive before 4pm on a weekday is checked, countersigned, and sent on to the DBS the very same day. The faster we do that, the faster you get your check back.
- Eligibility guidance.
- Knowledgeable & experienced customer support.
If these are perks you’d like to take advantage of, simply click the buttons below to register and get started. Or, if you have any more questions, ask away at email@example.com or +44 113 877 0171. We’re always happy to help.