Is A DBS Check For Taxi Drivers Really Required?
A DBS check for taxi drivers and private hire drivers is essential to work as a taxi driver. The Department of Transport statutory guidance states that all taxi and private hire drivers are required to have an Enhanced DBS Check in place for their application.
If you, or your taxi firm, has a contract with (for example) a care home working with vulnerable adults, or with a school to transport children, then the employees responsible will also require a barred list check for the respective group.
In this article, we discuss getting a DBS check for taxi drivers, why an Enhanced DBS Check is needed and how we can help with your DBS checks.
Why Is There A Need For A DBS Check For Taxi Drivers?
Taxi drivers are in a position of trust, as they can transport members of the public or vulnerable adults or children daily. As a result, it’s essential that they be vetted thoroughly to ensure the safety of their passengers. An enhanced DBS check is one way of doing this, as it can reveal any criminal convictions or other relevant information that might make someone unsuitable for the role of a taxi driver working with the public or transporting vulnerable passengers. A DBS check for Taxi Drivers gives customers an extra level of security that they will be safe on their journey.
What Does an Enhanced DBS Check For Taxi Drivers Show?
Enhanced DBS checks show a history of all spent and unspent convictions, final warnings and reprimands.
Any information that the local police consider relevant to the job role is also disclosed.
If the person receiving the DBS check has any of these, they will show up on the certificate.
An Enhanced DBS Check with Children’s and Adult’s Barred List, will also include the result of a check against the children’s and adults’ barred lists to see if they are banned from working with these groups.
The employer will then decide whether they want to hire the candidate or not, based on the returned DBS check information.
Get a DBS Check For Taxi Drivers at Aaron’s Department
Getting a DBS check for taxi drivers is an important step towards ensuring the safety of passengers and building trust with your customers. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can make the application process as smooth as possible and ensure that you have all the necessary documentation to support your application.
The benefits of getting your DBS check for taxi drivers with Aaron’s Department:
- Our error-proof system identifies mistakes in real-time, giving users the chance to fix them – incorrect details can lead to the DBS rejecting applications, so we’ve designed a system to avoid that happening!
- Low-cost DBS check admin fees, starting from £3.11.
- Built-in tracking system for easy monitoring of applications’ progress.
- Our 3-step, registration process is fast and free – you could have your DBS results within hours of signing up.
- Free DBS fast-track: every check we receive before 4pm on a weekday is checked, countersigned, and sent on to the DBS the very same day. The quicker we do that, the quicker you get your DBS Check results.
- Eligibility guidance.
- Knowledgeable & experienced customer support.
If these are benefits you would like to take advantage of, simply click below to register and get started. Or, if you have any more questions, get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0113 877 0171. We’re always happy to help.